Today, every business organization is busy in finding out ways in which it can better serve its customers and attract the new ones to acquire as bigger market share as possible. In the strive to deliver the best services, the smart organizations try to analyze the customer behavior and derive useful insights from it to take wise and informed business decisions.
In order to take better business decisions, most business organizations depend on the analytics. The analytics dashboard reporting can go a long way in helping you derive useful information about the customers’ behavior and vital other aspects.
What is analytics dashboard?
An Analytics Dashboard is a collection of widgets which allow a quick visualization of data. A dashboard is a reporting interface which allows the website analysts to easily monitor the performance of a website by tracking the various metrics like online conversions, visitors, and page views. One of the best features of the analytics dashboard is that it’s customizable, powerful and easy to use.
How has analytics dashboard evolved over the years?
Analytics dashboards have greatly evolved in the last few years. When compared with what analytics dashboard used to look and performed a few years ago, one can understand the dramatic evolution analytics dashboard reporting has undergone. Some of the significant changes which exhibit the growth of dashboard reporting include:
- Real-time and automated reporting has become possible
- Data is generated from multiple sources and thus, higher amount of data can be collected for analysis
- Dashboards offer better and lucid visualization of collected data
- It has become possible to predict the future outcomes on the basis of reporting
Today, the dashboards can be customized, a lot of widgets have been added for better reporting and one can easily visualize the required information. For instance, the below given Google Analytics dashboard clearly exhibits a lot of metrics accurately and thus, one can easily determine the website’s performance.
Why are more companies using analytics dashboards now?
Most companies prefer using analytics dashboards owing to the benefits that these offers, which include:
- Dashboards can easily be customized to view a specific set of reports and analytics in order to determine how a website is performing
- The users don’t need to review and analyze the different types of reports at the end of the month. Analytics dashboards give a clear and accurate view of information in real time, and let you analyze the overall situation in one view by customizing the dashboard accordingly.
- Most dashboards can easily be accessed from mobile devices and thus, one can check the performance from anywhere and anytime
- With intuitive data presentation capabilities, the dashboards eliminate the need for exhaustive and complicated training required to be able to use them.
- Dashboards are designed in a way that users can go as deeper in information as required by simply selecting the desired objects or variables.
Read Blog on Google Analytics Metrics
How analytics dashboard makes data easier?
By showing every minute detail and how the users are interacting with a website, the analytics dashboard makes it easier for the webmasters to understand that which elements of a website are generating maximum traffic, where users are interacting more and which aspects of the website are not being liked by users. The graphs and pie charts clearly help in comprehending that which aspects of the website are working in the desired manner and which aspects need improvement. By showcasing the graphs related to user behavior one can find out how to improve the website for better results and higher ROI.
In the above picture, one can easily visualize the data from different perspectives and clearly understand how the users are interacting with the website. With the right widgets, one can use the data analytics reporting tools to visualize the current scenario of user indulgence with the website, and these tools deliver real-time views which help in better understanding the performance of website on the basis of diverse KPIs.
While data visualization only shows whats’ happening with the website, the dashboard reporting helps in transforming the data obtained on the dashboard into resourceful insights that can be leveraged to take better decisions.
Start dashboard reporting today
To start the dashboard reporting, you need to follow the below given steps:
- First of all, identify the various KPIs and web analytics metrics which you need to monitor.
- Then, identify where your data is currently residing and how you want to view it. You would have to customize your dashboard to view the desired analytics elements.
- Find out an ideal dashboard software vendor who offers a product that ideally matches your specific set of requisites.
- Pull out the data from the various data services to your dashboard before designing the graphical visualizations for your dashboard.
Conclusively, it has become quite clear that a dashboard reporting solution can help you easily comprehend that how your target audiences are viewing your website, how they are interacting with its various elements, how much time they are spending on the website and what their behavior after being redirected to the landing page. Thus, dashboard reporting can provide you many inimitable insights which you won’t get from any other source and which can dramatically help you to improve your website’s performance as well as ROI.