Stay informed in 60 words !!
Know about the AMP – Accelerated mobile pages .Today we bring you – AMPS expansion and the What ? Why ? How ? about Google’s AMPs – Along with other marketing news from your favorite sites and blogs.
Read the full articles for shorts that interest you.
1. Google’s expansion of AMP across mobile search results
What’s this about ? : Incase you missed it early , accelerated mobile pages surfaced on mobile search results in February 2016. Though the AMPs were restricted only to the Top Stories area , now Google has started to expand this feature – just as it has announced early in August.
What’s changing ? : In the process of expansion – after a complete phased rollout of bluelinks , Google will always present the validated AMP version of a page to mobile users instead of the standard web link.
What’s in it for me ? : There’s something for everyone because of AMPs.
- For news publishers – Don’t worry. Your long tail content will now surface evergreen and in the Top Stories area.
- For commercial / non-news publishers – any AMP-enabled content that would normally surface in search will be presented to users.
What are the benefits of AMPs ? : AMP is a way to build web pages for static content that render fast. The benefit of AMPing up your pages include –
- improving the performance of the mobile web
- such pages will obtain greater reach for the publisher
- the pages will be selected for display more often and travel much better on bandwidth-constrained networks
- web pages with rich content like video, and graphics alongside smart ads, will load instantaneously
Anything to lose ? : At the moment if an AMP exists for a given URL then we will send the user to that AMP, not the app deep link even if the user has the app installed. This might result in a decrease of traffic to your app pages when an equivalent AMP page exists.
AMP beyond Google : Apart from Google’s use of AMP, new participants are bringing the broader potential of the open-source AMP Project into view. As we all know about Facebook Instant Articles , Reddit , eBay , BingAds also opened the door to future AMP-only strategies.
Takeaway : Google’s promotion of AMP across its products is generating awareness, providing incentives for publisher adoption and driving feature development and innovation.
2. Facebook launches Marketplace – For Buying and Selling
What’s new ? : Facebook Marketplace lets you browse a relevancy-sorted feed of things to buy from people who live nearby and quickly list your own stuff for sale. “Marketplace” seems to be a friendlier version of Craigslist.
Who can use this ? : For now, Pages cannot sell products through Marketplace, and there’s no way for anyone who can sell products in Marketplace to pay Facebook to have an item featured in Marketplace or shown to a specific group of people. Marketplace is to facilitate community buying and selling .
How to sell on Marketplace ? : Selling an item in Marketplace is just as easy as browsing for one. Simply:
- Take a photo of your item, or add it from your camera roll
- Enter a product name, description, and price
- Confirm your location and select a category
How to buy on Marketplace ? : Tap on a product and you’ll get a dedicated info page, with details about the product, the name, and profile of the seller and their general location. If you decide to buy it , send the seller a direct message from Marketplace to tell that you are interested and make an offer.
Takeaway : Facebook is looking to extend its focus to community buying. Facebook has been creating its own versions of every popular activity on the web to absorb their engagement and profit potential. And now it’s just along the lines of Craigslist
3. Google optimize 360 becomes free for all
What’s Google Optimize ? : Google Optimize is a landing page testing and optimization tool that integrates directly with Google Analytics. Users can request an invite to the beta starting today.
What’s new ? : Optimize 360 will be getting a new version which will be free and accessible to all globally.These offerings are for enterprise marketers and the multi-screen environment.
Any other updates ? : Google made several announcements around analytics at SMX East . They are concerned about –
- Report templates in Data Studio – Data studio is now globally available for free. New report templates will also be available in Google Data Studio starting next month.
- Session quality score – The new session quality score built into Analytics uses machine learning to predict the likelihood of a visitor making a purchase on your site or app.
- Tag Manager integrations with 20 more data sources – an addition of 20 new integrations with data sources like Quantcast, Twitter, Bing, Nielsen and others.
Takeaway : Google has incorporated various advancements in the free versions of their analytics products and help them create satisfied customers by providing them with significant experiences.
That’s all for today. Happy Marketing !!!