Stay informed in 60 words !!
Today we bring you news about Google’s Mobile search index move – to split search index and emphasize its mobile-first preference – Along with other marketing news from your favorite sites and blogs.
Read the full articles for shorts that interest you.
1. Google is going to split its search index, focusing on Mobile Search!!
What’s this about ? : Google announced that in the coming months, it is going to split it’s search results’ index into separate versions for mobile search and desktop. Now, mobile search will be prioritized over desktop!
What are the benefits of this split ? : Nowadays, people are often seen on their phones to access their social media profiles or to make a quick Google search.
- Allows Google’s crawlers to index mobile responsive pages more accurately and break news faster.
- More organized indexing, faster content delivery and more accurately than ever before.
- Google will deliver better mobile-optimized content to people searching on smartphones.
Anything to lose ? : The split will see Google’s index broken into a rapidly updated mobile version, and a desktop version which will not be updated as frequently.
Message from Google : Google is sending a strong message to SEO specialists with this news. Google wants them to have their pages mobile optimized which mean that it should be fast and it should be responsive. Having your pages with these requirements will give you a higher ranking with Google.
Takeaway : Furthering its push to improve services for mobile users, Google has decided to start indexing search results for mobile separately from desktop to offer mobile users better and fresher content.
Read – Google splits search index, prioritizing Mobile Search
2. Google releases Click-to-message Ad extensions
What’s it about ? : Click-to-message is Google’s answer to the rise of chatbots.
Google’s release of this new ad extension accelerates the dramatic consumer shift towards mobile messaging as the preferred way people talk to brands – in the same way, that they use messaging to talk to each other.
What’s in for you ? :
For marketers : Click-to-message ads are a new and faster way to connect with consumers on mobile to increase conversion rates.
Mobile Users : You have more flexibility than ever to choose how you want to connect with businesses. Through messaging, you can initiate valuable conversations with them by tapping into one of their preferred modes of communication.
What are the benefits with Click-to-message Ads ? :
- Click-to-message could help brands increase mobile conversions and drive ROI by making it easier to communicate with qualified leads.
- Tapping on the texting option launches a user’s SMS app with a pre-written message tailored to the product or service they’re interested in.
Takeaway : Google is pushing mobile messaging as an extra channel through which customers can converse with companies. This might be Google’s effort to stay ahead of Facebook’s Messenger app which is also developing into a customer service platform.
Read – Google Adwords Click-to-text message extension is coming out!
3. Pinterest Adds New Retargeting Options
What ? : Pinterest entered the world of retargeting this year with the launch of visitor retargeting in June. Then Pinterest rolled out Engagement Retargeting giving advertisers even more new retargeting options.
What’s new ? : In addition to targeting Promoted Pins based on Pinners’ interests, search keywords, device, location and more, you can now also target Promoted Pins using your own business data.
- Customer list targeting: Target existing customers using emails or mobile ad IDs
- Visitor retargeting: Reach people who’ve visited your site
- Lookalike targeting: Reach a larger group of people who look and act similar to your audience
Takeaway : Pinterest is working hard to evolve their business model and develop the platform into a key hub for eCommerce.
Read – Pinterest rolls out three new retargeting options
That’s all for today. Happy Marketing !!!