Stay informed in 60 words !!
We understand you don’t have the time to catch up with all the Marketing news every day. So we cut the clutter and deliver them, in 60-word shorts. We pick-up articles from all your favorite marketing blogs and present you with the gist.
>”Six news in Sixty Words” <
Read the full articles for shorts that interest you.
1. No more YouTube ads on non-advertiser-friendly sites
What ? : YouTube is now notifying publishers when removing monetization from videos that are not advertiser-friendly
Why ? : Because YouTube cares. YouTube is protecting its advertisers from potentially being associated with the controversial content.
What might be non-advertiser-friendly videos ?
- Sexually suggestive content
- Related to violent extremism or display of injury
- Inappropriate language – vulgarity , harassment
- Promotion of drugs – use and abuse of such items
- Controversial or sensitive subject and event
Takeaway : Back in 2012 , YouTube never told the creators about their videos being demonetized .Now to be on the same page publishers are being notified to improve transparency.
2. Facebook pressures advertisers to cut page load time on Mobile
What ? : Facebook says advertisers with slow landing pages could see ad reach reduced.
When ? : August 31, 2016
Why ? : To build a better mobile experience that helps businesses form a better connection with interested people
While slow loading links not only hurt Facebook’s lucrative objectives but they also –
- often lead people to abandon the site even before third party site analytics could register a page visit
- make it harder to track and optimise advert performance
How does Facebook reduce site load time ?
It would start pre-fetching pages that a mobile ad links to when it predicts someone is likely to click on the ad.This can shorten mobile site load time by 29 % or 8.5 seconds.
Takeaway : Facebook plans to start deciding whether to show an ad to someone by considering how long it takes a link , which brands include in their ads to load.
Watch – Speed Up Your Website
3. Google says – For better Keyword Planner data , use forecasting tools
What ? : Google informs advertisers how to plan their campaigns effectively by using forecasting feature in the tool
How to use these forecasting features ?
- Sign into your Adwords account
- Click Search for new keywords using a phrase, website or category and enter the keywords related to your business
- Click Get ideas
- Find the keywords relevant to your business and click Add to plan on the right
- You can download your forecasts or save the plan to your account
Takeaway : Google has made the Keyword Planner a tool for advanced advertisers to get a sense of what a plan will yield them.
Watch – Using Keyword Planner in AdWords
4. Problem: Google Universal Analytics Vs. Google Classic Analytics
What is the problem ?
Inaccurate organic search referrals since the upgrade to Universal Analytics.
Why ? :
>Google has now upgraded every site to Universal Analytics.(some automatically)
>Difference is session tracking:After the default 30 min session time-out.Classic Analytics do not trigger a new session when the session arrived from a referral.
>With Universal Analytics when a session times out after 30 minutes if the visitor resumes activity on your website,your own domain appears as the referral source.
How to fix it ? – Very Simple !!!
Under the referral excluding list , add your own domain.
Takeaway : Analytics data may be somewhat unreliable due to the difference in session tracking.But the fixes and solutions are available.
5. Automated Insights : Now on Google Analytics
What ? : Google is now providing a new stream of automated insights in the Google Analytics mobile app.
When ? : The change is already live in the Google Analytics app for iOS and Android from September 2nd , 2016
How will this help ? It helps make analytics data universally accessible and useful as it:
- Combs through your data to give you meaningful insights and recommendations.
- Offers quick tips on how to improve your Google Analytics data.
- Gets smarter over time by reacting to your feedback and how you use it.
- Helps you share insights so your whole team can take action.
Takeaway : Google Analytics is moving towards “more insights, less data.” The automated insights can be viewed in Assistant Tab in the mobile App.
6. Feature roll out : Adwords welcomes account-level site links
What’s new ? : You will be able to set site links at account level
Why ? : Many advertisers will find the ability to set the site-links at account level very helpful rather than at ad group or campaign level.
What next ? : When adding or editing a new site link extension from the Ad extensions tab, there will be an option to choose Account instead of just Campaign.
Takeaway : Advertisers that want to streamline offers and other messaging in site links across an account will no longer have to remember to associate those extensions with every campaign.
That was all the news for today .We will keep you updated with more Flash Bytes .